CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Prenatal/Postpartum Bellydance with Mirabai




In case you're not quite sure if that's a baby bump or not (this pic was taken at 4 months ... I'm now nearly 6 months along!), yep, I'm preggers :)




Roo and I are so excited to be welcoming our first child into this world in early February.


In order to be safe, I did some research to discover just what I could and couldn't do during pregnancy... come to think of it... I've been interested in this topic for quite some time and have been collecting research since 2007 when I was asked to lead a bellydance class for a baby shower! Now that I have a fabulous studio to teach out of, and feel like I've found trustworthy research and training, I am offering a prenatal/postpartum bellydance class. Please pass the word along!!




*******




Do something fun, safe and sexy for your prenatal or postpartum workout! Take a Bellydance course designed especially for new moms and moms-to-be! I'm six months pregnant and would love to lead you in this empowering, healthful dance journey. Please join me for prenatal/postpartum bellydance classes at the cozy, friendly Abyssinian Dance Center. http://www.abydance.com/



In class, we'll strengthen and prepare our bodies for childbirth and postpartum recovery. Class will consist of a gentle cardio and yoga warm-up and then move onto strengthening exercises proven to help ease some women through labor and quicken recovery. Then we'll move onto the bellydance portion of the class where we'll learn and practice safe prenatal bellydance movements. We'll end with a gentle cool down. Throughout the course, I'll share what I know of the movements we practice, such as their origination and purpose in birthing.


For your peace of mind, in addition to having conducted personal research into which dance movements are appropriate and inappropriate for pregnant women, I am a Dancing for Birth certified instructor. I am also a Tamalyn Dallal certified belly dance instructor. I have 20 years of experience as a professional dancer, instructor and student of bellydance, ballet, lyrical jazz and tap. I also hold a masters in fine arts and have taught college courses for nearly ten years. I love to teach!


See you there!


0 comments: