CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Free Prenatal/Postpartum Dance for Birth Bellydance Class, Nov 2


I just finished a fabulous weekend working toward my certification as a Dancing for Birth dance class instructor!!! I feel so empowered by this experience... the collective, experiential knowledge of 11 doulas and a midwife at my fingertips, as well as the well-thought out training of Dancing for Birth founder Stephanie Larson. I learned so much that I will take into my own birthing experience! And so much that I can't wait to share with other women through dance!


One of the last steps towards full certification is to offer a free class, so that's what I'll be doing next Monday, Nov 2, at the Abyssinian Dance Center in Burien (7 to 8pm). My class will follow the Dancing for Birth format, incorporate bellydance, and share information on how the various movements learned in class can empower birthing women to make their birth experience more positive. So please pass the word along to anyone you think might be interested!!! I need at least 3 participants :)

For more information, please feel free to email me or visit the Aby Studio website: http://www.abydance.com/ or info@mirabaidance.com
Info about the Dancing for Birth class format can be found at DancingForBirth.com

0 comments: